Dr. Marcus Schulmerich, CFA, FRM
Dr. Marcus Schulmerich is the founder and Managing Director of PECUNDUS and has 15 years of investment experience in the asset management industry. For State Street Global Advisors (SSgA) he works as Global Portfolio Strategist in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa).
- Lecturer at the EBS Business School in Germany since 2005 for Derivatives, Portfolio & Risk Management, Alternative Investments and Financial Engineering.
- Instructor for asset and risk management training for SSgA clients in Europe, the Middle East and South America, including Middle East Sovereign Wealth funds and Central Banks, since 2008.
- Instructor for asset and risk management training internally within SSgA since 2006.
- Lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences in Munich for Portfolio and Risk Management, 2007-2009.
- Guest lecturer on Fixed Income Portfolio Management at the Technical University Munich in 2008.
- Global Portfolio Strategist since 2006 at SSgA in Europe, Middle East and Africa for active quant equity (AQE) strategies, passive equity strategies and smart beta equity strategies with extensive experience in the hedge fund industry.
- Head of the AQE strategy team at SSgA for Europe, Middle East and Africa from 2011 to 2015.
- Senior Product Manager at PIMCO for Active Fixed Income and Commodity Portfolios, 2003 - 2006.
- Financial Engineer and Risk Manager at Commerzbank Asset Management (now Allianz Global Investors), 1996 - 2003.
- Doctoral degree "summa cum laude" in Finance from the EBS Business School in Wiesbaden/Germany in co-operation the M.I.T. Sloan School of Management in Cambridge/USA.
- Research Assistant for doctoral studies at the Harvard Business School in Boston/USA.
- MBA in Financial Engineering from the M.I.T. Sloan School of Management in Boston.
- Master's degree in Mathematics and Physics, University of Mainz/Germany.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics and Physics, University of Mainz.
- Bachelor's equivalent degree in Business Administration, University of Mainz.
Dr. Marcus Schulmerich